Sony MDR-XB700 - $89.99
MDR-XB700 - Extra Bass Series Closed Back Over Ear Headphones with 50mm Driver
3 Hz to 28 kHz
Usually Ships Within:
90 Day Limited Parts and Labor Warranty
Sony MDR-XB700 - Extra Bass Series Closed Back Over Ear Headphones
Step up to Sony's long-awaited, high-end MDR-XB700 extra bass headphones. Engineered with an oxygen-free copper (OFC) voice coil for clear sound with no degradation, this bad boy was destined for handling high power. You will also appreciate the circum-aural, closed-design ear cushions, padded headband and of course the enormous 50mm extra bass diaphragm driver units. Includes a carrying pouch to protect your investment.
- Driver Size - Exclusively engineered by Sony, the extra-large 50mm Extra Bass diaphragm driver units accurately reproduce ultra-low frequency sounds and deliver larger than life, rich, deep bass reproduction.
- Headphone Type - Experience the ultimate in comfortable listening with the Extra Bass headphones' over-the head, around the ear circum-aural design. The drivers inside the ear cups are angled parallel to your ears to not only reduce pressure, but increase comfort and deliver an unbelievable listening experience.
- King Sized Ear Cushion - Providing more than exceptional sound, the Extra Bass headphones feature ultra-thick, pressure-relieving ear cushions for supreme comfort and better acoustic performance. Each earcup measures 2.0 inches in thickness and 4.3 inches in diameter. The flat and seamless, padded headband delivers enhanced wearing comfort.
- Oxygen Free Copper - Designed for a crisp, clear signal with no degradation, the OFC voice coil is made for high power handling capacity. (3000mW)
- Direct Vibe Structure - Built with a direct vibe structure to ensure high audio fidelity, the Extra Bass headphones feature a tightly sealed acoustic design that allows for a high level of sound isolation which reproduces powerful and extended bass sound.
- Optimal Sound Quality - Sound leakage and a loss in audio quality are minimized thanks to a sealed acoustic design. Additionally, the MDR-XB700 headphones have an exceptionally wide frequency response from 3-28,000 Hz.
- Flat Y-type Cord. - Minimize tangles while you're on the move with the flat yet durable Y-type 3.9ft. (1.2m) cord. Also includes a gold-plated, L-shaped stereo mini plug.
- Carry Pouch - Easily carry your Extra Bass headphones wherever you go with the included carrying pouch
|Driver Size ||50mm Dome Typ |
|Headphone Type ||Dynamic, Closed Back |
|Magnet ||Neodymium |
|Frequency Range ||3 - 28,000 Hz |
|Impedance ||24 ohms |
|Cord Length ||3.9ft Flat Y-Type cord |
|Connector ||3.5mm (1/8") gold-plated L-shaped stereo mini plu |
|Weight ||10.41oz |
|Warranty ||90 Day Limited Parts and Labor Warranty |
For measurements and details of this headphone's performance, please feel free to download this informative data sheet, generously supplied by our friends at innerfidelity.com. This download provides a series of graphs detailing the headphone's unique frequency response, isolation ability, impedance and phase characteristics, Total Harmonic Distortion characteristics as well as other headphone-specific measurements.
Full sound, punchy and rich spectrum
Pair this via a FIIA E11 headphone amp connected using 30 pin plug to iPhone , iPad and get ready to blast off ....
|Alce ||best headphones for the money||10/10/2012|
Sound as if you have a 20 inch woofer on each ear
Earcup sweat, tough for any physical activities
Even Sony has tried a redesign, to make these headphones prettier, but for those who know, when you see someone with these on, you know they are absolute bassheads
The frequency range is amazing! I’ve never heard such deep and defined bass with Beats. They really shine when you use an equalizer but, it isn’t necessary. You hear can clearly hear the difference out of the box. The highs and mids are, in fact, clearer than any other pair I’ve owned. That says a lot for a "Bass-head" pair of headphones. They can quake if that is what you want but, what some fail to realize is that the sound-stage these create is nearly that of a concert hall! (even being closed-backed) Acoustic and Orchestral scores are absolutely engulfing and immersing while maintaining clarity on all frequencies. while these are marketed for bass, I find that they exceed at every genre I listen to. It should also be noted that these are the softest and arguably the most comfortable headphones I’ve owned.
These things are massive. You will get looks if you wear these in public. They fit comfortably around my neck but, I do look rather goofy. They create a bit of a slight pressure on my head but only because I am unwilling to extend them. its honestly just my preference; they fit me so well un-extended, but you might have to loosen them up a bit to alleviate this. This is not a major problem that i have with them, just an observation.
| ||Best headphones you can get for the price the sound stage is great and the lows and highs and mids are clear i dont have a single critisism. Dont wait any longer you wont be disapointed!|
| ||These just arrived today in great shape! came in after 3 days. They’re awesome. Haven’t ever put anything more comfortable over my ears. I have been using them for about an hour and it seems as they break in they get better and better. The bass is great, and natural. I’m happy I bought them. Great price for a great buy.|
|Click here to write a review !|
Back to top