Yes, we are a headphone store, but we believe a review shouldn't be called a review if it's primary purpose is to sell a product.
We want to publish the most well-written, balanced and informative reviews in the industry and our goal is to provide you with the information you need to experience the best possible sound. Even if you end up buying from somewhere else.
So, Headphones.com doesn’t write reviews. The reviews on our site come from The HEADPHONE Community forum’s Community Preview Program. Our reviews are sent straight from community members to an independent editor to avoid bias.
Ian Dunmore (@torq) is our independent Managing Editor. In order to avoid potential conflict, Ian has chosen not to be compensated for his role. Ian is passionate about the headphone community and makes sure the published reviews are of exceptional quality.
All reviews are sent directly to Ian and posted on Headphones.com without editorial input from Headphones.com staff. As a result, you will see negative reviews of products we sell and positive reviews of products we don't.
Taron & Andrew Lissimore
Pre Order Now!
The long awaited Fostex TH500RP headphones are set to arrive at HeadRoom in a few short weeks. For more info visit our product page here:
Fostex have long since used RP (Regular Phase) diaphragm technology in their acclaimed professional studio headphones such as the T50RP.
The new TH500RP model now combines this RP technology with the design philosophy and flair of the TH900, resulting in a set premium headphones which deliver a simply stunning high resolution sound, with sparkling highs, rich mid tones and high quality lows.
Here are a few features highlighted by Fostex:
- Employs the uniquely developed RP (Regular Phase) diaphragm which consists of etched copper foil on the surface with high heat resistant polyimide film as the base material. The distinctive characteristic of planar diaphragm is further evolved by newly tuning the entire driver unit
- The high specific gravity resin baffle plate delivers a high resolution sound with rich mid range and good quality lows and a reduction in unwanted resonance
- The use of aluminum and magnesium for structural parts, the TH500RP achieves a high quality texture and light weight. A unique punched metal is used for the housing, which pays hommage the original RP headphone design.
- The high quality soft leather ear pad ensures the optimum distance between the diaphragm and the ear for a comfortable listening experience even in prolonged use
- The connecting cable is made of "HiFC"(*) which for the ultimate sonic purity and superior conductivity
- The gold plated plug features the "Fostex" logo
- The package includes a quality leather texture pouch for protection during transportation