The A&ultima SP1000 from Astell&Kern is a high-resolution media player, featuring an updated dual DAC and octa-core processor for fast and responsive operation with vivid sound reproduction. The SP1000 supports a wide variety of audio formats including WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF, as well as native DSD. The player is equipped with dual AKM AK4497EQ chips, which provide a playback resolution up to 32-bit / 384 kHz and native DSD playback of DSD256 (1-bit / 11.2 MHz).
The SP1000 can be controlled via its 5.0" touch screen and features a physical multifunctional knob, which allows convenient, one-finger on/off control, fine volume control, and additional push-and-turn features. The unit has 256GB of internal storage, and supports microSD cards up to 256GB, for a total of 512GB of potential storage. Thanks to its streaming capabilities, you are not limited to playback of songs you have on your device, as it can stream tracks from your Mac or Windows computer connected to the same wireless network. The SP1000 ships with a leather case, two protective films (front/back), a USB Type-C cable, and a microSD card tray with tray pin.
32-bit / 384 kHz Bit-to-Bit Playback
- The latest AK4497EQ dual-DAC design and the upgraded CPU in the A&ultima SP1000 allows for accurate playback of native 32-bit / 384 kHz audio with no compromise on sound quality
- The music is played back, bit-for-bit, just as the artist and engineer intended for it to be heard
- The A&ultima SP1000 also supports native bit-to-bit DSD playback up to 11.2 MHz for the best sound possible
- Independent DACs for the left and right audio channels provide a wider soundstage and better stereo separation
- Each AK4497EQ DAC provides rich and vivid audio reproduction, allowing the listener to enjoy the sound as it was meant to be heard
- The A&ultima SP1000 is equipped with an octa-core CPU which allows the player to produce the exact musical detail present in the original recording without distortion and provides a quick, lag-free operation
- The A&ultima SP1000 features faster booting times, speedy file transfers, lag-free processing and a new intuitive user interface for the ultimate player experience
Intuitive User Interface
- The A&ultima SP1000 features a revamped interface design which provides music playback from the home screen to give users a more music-centric experience
- By placing the power button on the multifunctional wheel located on the side of the A&ultima SP1000 instead of on the top, users can control the volume and turn the LCD screen on/off, all with one simple control
- The A&ultima SP1000 features a bezel-less design to maximize screen size
- The high-definition HD5 grade display delivers a vibrant and engaging viewing experience
Faster Charging and Quicker File Transfers
- Next-generation USB Type-C support allows file transfer speeds up to 10 Gb/s and supports both data transfer and charging from the same cable
- USB 3.0 protocol transfers data twice as fast when compared to other Astell&Kern players - charging with a fast charger (at 9V/1.67A) takes only two hours and allows up to 12 hours of continuous playback
- Charging about 2 hours
- Up to 12 hours playback
When Taron and Andrew Lissimore started headphones.com, they wanted to create the headphone store they wished existed. As headphone enthusiasts, they wanted a store with 365-day returns.
So they decided they were going to try to make 365-day returns work - no matter how ridiculous it sounded to their wives.
Years later, they're still doing it, and their wives still think they're crazy.
So take some time to get to know your new gear. We want you to enjoy your purchase for years, not just a few weeks. If you're not satisfied, you can return items in like-new condition for up to 365-days.
How To Make a Return
1. Follow the link below.
To get the return process started, you just need to click this link. Enter your order number as well as e-mail address to get it started and after that just follow the steps outlined in the portal (note open-box, special order and sale items are not eligible). A pre-paid shipping label will be generated for you a deducted from your refund after being processed.
2. Pack Your Items Carefully
Your item must be in like-new condition with its original packaging. It must also include all original accessories and manuals. Please add a larger shipping box to protect the original packaging during shipping.
Important Refund Details
Refund or Exchange
You may choose either a refund or an exchange for the full cost of the item. The refund will be processed on the same method of payment you used to make the original purchase.
A pre-paid shipping label is generated for you. It is deducted from the final refund total after inpsection.
Like New Condition
Headphones.com may refuse a return or charge a restocking fee if the items are not complete and in like-new condition. Here are some examples of returns that would incur a restocking fee:
- The returned item is missing accessories or parts that were included with the original product
- There are obvious signs of wear (scratches, dirt, worn out parts etc.)
Here are some examples of returns that may be refused:
- The serial number on the returned product is different from the serial number that was originally shipped.
- The item has been damaged through mishandling (water damage, drop damage etc.)
Special order, sale and open-box items are not covered by our 365-day return policy. However they are usually covered by the manufacturers warranty.
Special order items are non-cancellable and non-returnable. The estimated shipping window is just an estimate, your item may ship sooner or later than the estimate.
Return shipping is paid by the customer.
Products with Batteries
15% restocking fee.
Returned products that have been damaged cannot be returned. Regular wear and tear is expected. Each return is inspected and tested.
Returns with missing accessories
20% restocking fee.
Bundled Item Return
All items from the bundle must be returned. If an item is missing, retail value for the item will be deducted.
Return of a purchase with a missing or damaged free item
Retail value of the missing/damaged gift items.
Return of more than 2 items in a 365-Day Period
25% restocking fee on each additional return.
Open-Box, Sale and Special Order
These items are final sale however the manufacturers warranty still applies
Return Policy Abuse
In order to provide a 365-day return policy, we need to take abuse seriously.
We monitor a buyers ratio of purchased to returned products. If it exceeds an internal threshold they will no longer be allowed to place orders with Headphones.com. This includes customers who spread returns across multiple accounts.
We made our return policy to help you find gear you feel great about for a long time. Most people use it exactly as intended. We don't want the handful of people who attempt to abuse our policy to ruin it for everyone else.
If you paid with a cryptocurrency, the returned amount will be equal to the USD equivalent of your payment on CoinGecko.com at the time the refund is processed. The return will be made in the currency of your original order.
After You've Made a Return
Each return is inspected at our warehouse. During busy times these inspections may take a few extra days.
Refund or Credit
We will notify you by email when your refund or credit has been processed. It may take a few business days for a refund to appear in your account. This is determined by your financial institution.
If you still have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and an advisor will be happy to help.
One of the key things we pride ourselves on is our customer service and one of the most important aspects of our customer service is getting you your product on time! But not only do we want to get it to you on time, we want to make sure we are using a reliable courier so the experience for you is the best possible. That is why we ship all of our orders with UPS.
While couriers like USPS are tempting because of their low cost, we have found that they are not a good experience for our customers. Nobody wants their package to not be delivered and then have to spend an hour on hold with the local post office trying to get information. To that end, all of our packages are shipped signature required with UPS to make sure your package arrives in your hands safe and sound and if there are any issues, your time isn't wasted.
However, if you are looking to ship to PO Box or APO address, we can definitely accommodate your shipping needs!
How Much Does Shipping Cost?
Shipping in the US and Canada is free, no matter what (you do always have the choice to upgrade your shipping at checkout as well).
UPS Ground Shipping
All orders under $500 qualify for free UPS Ground shipping.
UPS 2nd Day Air Shipping
All orders between $500 - $999 get free UPS 2nd Day Air shipping.
UPS Next Day Air Shipping
All orders over $1000 qualify for free UPS Next Day Air shipping.
How Soon Will My Order Ship
We strive for every item we have on the website to be in stock and ready to ship the same day. So if your order is in stock and you place your order before 2pm PST, it will ship that same day.
Sometimes, we like to give our customers the opportunity to place orders on backordered items or pre-orders. In those situations, it will be clearly written on the page that the product is backordered or available for pre-order. When the item is back in stock, it will ship out with the UPS shipping methods above.
Questions About Shipping
If you have any questions about shipping or any other concerns, always feel free to reach out to us via our Live Chat located at the bottom right corner of your screen or by E-mail at email@example.com
Headphones.com Business address:
121 SW Salmon Street
E-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.