The iFi Audio Pro iCAN is the "flagship" studio-grade headphone amplifier and audiophile line-stage processor with individual solid-state and tube amplification sections. The unit utilizes an Alps motorized rotary volume potentiometer, which features "6-tracks" for true balanced volume control regardless of balanced or single-ended connections. The unit features a variety of line-level inputs including two balanced XLRs and three stereo pairs of unbalanced RCAs, while line-level outputs include two balanced XLRs and a stereo pair of RCAs.
The Pro iCAN's front panel offers a selection of headphones, boasting the ability to drive anything from custom in-ear monitors to difficult-to-drive models, such as the AKG K-1000. For balanced headphones, there are no less than four sets including an 1/8" TRRS, two 1/4", two XLR (3-pin), and a single XLR (4-pin). For single-ended headphone outputs, a single 1/8" TRS and 1/4" TRS are provided.
The amplifier audio circuit is a development of iFi's proprietary 'Tube-State' design. It is fully discrete, fully balanced with either tube or J-FET inputs switchable, bipolar second stage and MOSFET-buffered bipolar class-A Power stage (with Class-AB for low-impedance headphones at very high levels). The resulting circuit may be best described as 'tri-brid' where each device is used to greatest sonic advantage while minimizing any drawbacks. Furthermore, the circuit is pure DC coupled to avoid using any conically degrading coupling capacitors.
The Pro iCAN is chocked full of premium components including TDK Japanese-made C0G-type capacitors and Vishay MELF-type thin film resistors. These are complimented by Panasonic Japanese-made ECPU film-capacitors explicitly designed for audio use with extremely low distortion (<0.00001% @ 1V/10 kHz). Additionally, iFi employed ELNA Japanese-made Silmic II capacitors for the power supplies. These use special silk-fiber paper for the isolating barrier resulting in decreased odd-order distortion and reduced microphonic/mechanical resonances.
- The Pro iCAN circuit is fully balanced with completely equal circuit sections for positive (hot) and negative (cold) signal phase of each channel. The volume control is a 6-way motorized ALPS type; four tracks are used to adjust the volume for the balanced signal, and the other two are used for monitoring the volume control operation
- Maximum output is >20V in balanced mode and >10V in single ended mode. Maximum peak current is 1.4A for single-ended headphone connections and 0.7A for balanced headphone connections. The continuous output current is limited by a protection circuitry that only engages in case of sustained overload. A short-term sustained output of around 14,000mW (14VA) is possible in balanced operation
- The amplifer's audio circuit is a development of iFi’s revolutionary ‘TubeState’ design. It is fully discrete, fully balanced with either tube or J-FET input switchable, bipolar second stage and MOSFET-buffered bipolar Class-A power stage (with Class-AB for low-impedance headphones at very high levels). The resulting circuit may be best described as ‘tri-brid’ where each device is used to greatest sonic advantage while minimizing any drawbacks. Furthermore, the circuit is pure DC coupled to avoid using any sonically degrading coupling capacitors
- Frequency response (0.5 Hz - 500 kHz @ 0 dB), noise (-142 dB @ 0 dB) and distortion (0.0008% @ 0 dB) depend on gain and on which input device is selected. However, the levels of noise and distortion, especially in balanced operation challenge the limits of the audio precision test system
- The XLR and RCA outputs on the back offer full preamplifier function, but are not switched off if headphones are connected. Nonetheless, the Pro iCAN should be used either as preamplifier or headphone amplifier, as generally a mixed use setup is not recommended
- The Holographic matrices are tightly integrated into the signal circuit. Not only there is no use of DSP and the linked AD/DA conversion, but there are also no additional active elements
- Quad-Damped Isolation Base Mount: Specially designed to provide vibration damping control and electromagnetic shielding. It consists of a custom quad-layer sandwich; dual-layer elastomers (silicone layer and copolymer ethylene and vinyl acetate layer), and a dual-layer metal alloy (aluminum alloy layer and ferrous alloy layer finished with special honeycomb coating)
- NOS GE5670 Tubes: Two "New Old Stock" General Electric 5670. Each GE5670 tube has undergone a special rejuvenation process and the tube circuit is specially designed for long life. Combined, the tubes should offer many years of enjoyment
When Taron and Andrew Lissimore started headphones.com, they wanted to create the headphone store they wished existed. As headphone enthusiasts, they wanted a store with 365-day returns.
So they decided they were going to try to make 365-day returns work - no matter how ridiculous it sounded to their wives.
Years later, they're still doing it, and their wives still think they're crazy.
So take some time to get to know your new gear. We want you to enjoy your purchase for years, not just a few weeks. If you're not satisfied, you can return items in like-new condition for up to 365-days.
How To Make a Return
1. Follow the link below.
To get the return process started, you just need to click this link. Enter your order number as well as e-mail address to get it started and after that just follow the steps outlined in the portal (note open-box, special order and sale items are not eligible). A pre-paid shipping label will be generated for you a deducted from your refund after being processed.
2. Pack Your Items Carefully
Your item must be in like-new condition with its original packaging. It must also include all original accessories and manuals. Please add a larger shipping box to protect the original packaging during shipping.
Important Refund Details
Refund or Exchange
You may choose either a refund or an exchange for the full cost of the item. The refund will be processed on the same method of payment you used to make the original purchase.
A pre-paid shipping label is generated for you. It is deducted from the final refund total after inpsection.
Like New Condition
Headphones.com may refuse a return or charge a restocking fee if the items are not complete and in like-new condition. Here are some examples of returns that would incur a restocking fee:
- The returned item is missing accessories or parts that were included with the original product
- There are obvious signs of wear (scratches, dirt, worn out parts etc.)
Here are some examples of returns that may be refused:
- The serial number on the returned product is different from the serial number that was originally shipped.
- The item has been damaged through mishandling (water damage, drop damage etc.)
Special order, sale and open-box items are not covered by our 365-day return policy. However they are usually covered by the manufacturers warranty.
Special order items are non-cancellable and non-returnable. The estimated shipping window is just an estimate, your item may ship sooner or later than the estimate.
Return shipping is paid by the customer.
Products with Batteries
15% restocking fee.
Returned products that have been damaged cannot be returned. Regular wear and tear is expected. Each return is inspected and tested.
Returns with missing accessories
20% restocking fee.
Bundled Item Return
All items from the bundle must be returned. If an item is missing, retail value for the item will be deducted.
Return of a purchase with a missing or damaged free item
Retail value of the missing/damaged gift items.
Return of more than 2 items in a 365-Day Period
25% restocking fee on each additional return.
Open-Box, Sale and Special Order
These items are final sale however the manufacturers warranty still applies
Return Policy Abuse
In order to provide a 365-day return policy, we need to take abuse seriously.
We monitor a buyers ratio of purchased to returned products. If it exceeds an internal threshold they will no longer be allowed to place orders with Headphones.com. This includes customers who spread returns across multiple accounts.
We made our return policy to help you find gear you feel great about for a long time. Most people use it exactly as intended. We don't want the handful of people who attempt to abuse our policy to ruin it for everyone else.
If you paid with a cryptocurrency, the returned amount will be equal to the USD equivalent of your payment on CoinGecko.com at the time the refund is processed. The return will be made in the currency of your original order.
After You've Made a Return
Each return is inspected at our warehouse. During busy times these inspections may take a few extra days.
Refund or Credit
We will notify you by email when your refund or credit has been processed. It may take a few business days for a refund to appear in your account. This is determined by your financial institution.
If you still have questions, please email email@example.com and an advisor will be happy to help.
One of the key things we pride ourselves on is our customer service and one of the most important aspects of our customer service is getting you your product on time! But not only do we want to get it to you on time, we want to make sure we are using a reliable courier so the experience for you is the best possible. That is why we ship all of our orders with UPS.
While couriers like USPS are tempting because of their low cost, we have found that they are not a good experience for our customers. Nobody wants their package to not be delivered and then have to spend an hour on hold with the local post office trying to get information. To that end, all of our packages are shipped signature required with UPS to make sure your package arrives in your hands safe and sound and if there are any issues, your time isn't wasted.
However, if you are looking to ship to PO Box or APO address, we can definitely accommodate your shipping needs!
How Much Does Shipping Cost?
Shipping in the US and Canada is free, no matter what (you do always have the choice to upgrade your shipping at checkout as well).
UPS Ground Shipping
All orders under $500 qualify for free UPS Ground shipping.
UPS 2nd Day Air Shipping
All orders between $500 - $999 get free UPS 2nd Day Air shipping.
UPS Next Day Air Shipping
All orders over $1000 qualify for free UPS Next Day Air shipping.
How Soon Will My Order Ship
We strive for every item we have on the website to be in stock and ready to ship the same day. So if your order is in stock and you place your order before 2pm PST, it will ship that same day.
Sometimes, we like to give our customers the opportunity to place orders on backordered items or pre-orders. In those situations, it will be clearly written on the page that the product is backordered or available for pre-order. When the item is back in stock, it will ship out with the UPS shipping methods above.
Questions About Shipping
If you have any questions about shipping or any other concerns, always feel free to reach out to us via our Live Chat located at the bottom right corner of your screen or by E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Headphones.com Business address:
121 SW Salmon Street
E-mail us: email@example.com
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.