The AK300 Portable Digital Music and Media Player from Astell&Kern is a media player and USB DAC (digital audio converter) that supports a wide variety of audio formats including WAV, FLAC, OGG, AAC, MP3, WMA, and more. It is also capable of handling DSD audio, as the device is outfitted with an AK4490 chip that converts DSD directly to PCM playback, thus skipping the DSD to WAV stage that usually occurs prior to analog conversion in common portable DSD players.
The AK300 can be controlled via its 4.0" WVGA touchscreen, and offers 64GB of internal storage while supporting microSD cards up to 128GB. Thanks to its streaming capabilities over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, you are not limited to playback of songs you have on your device.
24-Bit / 192 kHz Bit-to-Bit Playback
- The AK300 is capable of bit-to-bit playback up to 24-bit / 192 kHz. 32-bit audio is downsampled using a sample-rate converter (SRC). In addition, DSD 64/128 can be played back via conversion to PCM.
PEQ (Parametric EQ)
- A parametric equalizer is implemented in the AK300 to deliver detailed adjustment of the original sound. An audio digital signal processor (DSP) aids in this process, freeing up CPU cycles from calculating graphic equalizers (GEQ), and thus, allowing more detailed and accurate calculations via the dedicated processing. The audio DSP allows for a 20-band, ±0.01 dB equalizer to more precisely adjust the frequency and gain, as well as more accurately specifying the frequency range via Q value adjustments.
Equipped with a Femto Clock to Deliver Original Sound
- Astell&Kern implemented a voltage-controlled crystal oscillator (VCXO) high-precision clock with a reference jitter value of 200 femtoseconds. Femto clocks are commonly used in high-end audio systems, and the clock is measured in high-precision femtosecond units (one quadrillionth of a second)
- The AK300 supports USB DAC functionality, and thus, can be connected to a Windows or Mac computer via USB. In this manner, the unit can play music from your library at a quality more commensurate with pro-audio products than traditional computer playback systems.
AK Connect App
- Wireless networking DLNA (version 1.0) connects to a NAS or PC, and is easily controlled with a smartphone or tablet through AK Connect. Source files on a PC or NAS can be freely transferred and streamed without the hassle of turning on the computer and physically connecting with a cable.
||Approximately 20 Hz to 20 kHz (±0.075 dB) (balanced/unbalanced)
Approximately 10 Hz to 70 kHz (±0.56 dB) (unbalanced)
Approximately 10 Hz to 70 kHz (±0.55 dB) (balanced)
|Signal to Noise Ratio
||116 dB at 1 kHz
||130 dB at 1 kHz
||Unbalanced: 0.0008% at 1 kHz
Balanced: 0.0007% at 1 kHz
||Unbalanced: 0.0007% 800 Hz to 10 kHz (4:1)
Balanced: 0.0006% 800 Hz to 10 kHz (4:1)
||Balanced Out (2.5 mm): 1 Ohm
Phones Output (3.5 mm): 2 Ohms
||Typical: 30 ps
Reference: 200 femtoseconds
||3.7 V Lithium-ion polymer (LiPo) battery, 3,100 mAh
||Built-In: 64 GB (NAND)
External: 1 x microSD (up to 128 GB)
||Mac OS X 10.7 or higher
Windows XP, 7, 8, or 10 (32-/64-bit)
||4" touchscreen WVGA (480x800)
|Supported Audio Formats
||WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE (normal, high, fast), AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF
||PCM: 8 kHz to 192 kHz (8-, 16-, and 24-bit)
DSD: DSD64 (stereo) / DSD128 (stereo)
||USB micro-B input for charging and data transfer (Windows and Mac)
Connection Mode: MTP (Media Device)
||Headphone Out: stereo 1/8" (3.5 mm) jack
Optical Out: 1/8" (3.5 mm) jack
Balanced Out: 0.098" (2.5 mm) 4-pole support only
||1 x AKM AK4490
||Up to 24-bit / 192 kHz bit-to-bit decoding
||802.11 b/g/n (2.4 GHz)
||4.0 (A2DP, AVRCP, aptX)
||Firmware upgrades supported (OTA)
|Dimensions (W x H x D)
||3.0 x 4.4 x 0.6" / 75.2 x 112.4 15.5 mm
||7.23 oz / 205 g
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
||7.4 x 5.3 x 2.7"
In The Box
|Astell&Kern AK300 Portable Digital Music and Media Player
|Limited 1-Year Warranty