A more sophisticated, more mature version of AudioQuest's award-winning NightHawk, NightHawk Carbon boasts several acoustic, ergonomic, and cosmetic refinements, adds a second pair of earpads, and includes a more versatile, durable cable—all while retaining its predecessor’s exceedingly low distortion, unsurpassed comfort, and naturally beautiful sound.
- Compared to the drive-units commonly used in most headphones, NightHawk Carbon’s 50mm dynamic driver much more closely resembles the high-quality drive-units found in today’s most sophisticated loudspeakers—not simply in appearance, but, more importantly, in terms of function and performance. It employs a carefully constructed bio-cellulose diaphragm, voice-coil former, and compliant rubber surround, resulting in quality that is as easily seen as it is heard.
Comfortable Listening Experience
- NightHawk Carbon’s headpad attaches to its outer headband via small, swiveling pins located on either side of the headband’s base, just above the suspension’s yoke. An inner elastic band is concealed by a soft, modestly cushioned pad, which yields and rises when met by resistance or pressure. In this simple way, the headpad automatically adjusts to the listener’s head—no clicking, snapping, cranking, or guessing involved—guaranteeing an easy, comfortable fit, time and time again. Just place NightHawk Carbon over your head and let it do its thing. There’s nothing else to do, but enjoy.
- As with any open-back headphone, the NightHawk Carbon has a protective grille covering its internal drivers to protect. Unfortunately these grilles often have diffusion issues with their sound. AudioQuest has looked to solve those issues with their biomimetric grille. To solve the problem of diffusion, NightHawk uses a biomimetic grille inspired by the underlying structure of butterfly wings—a fascinating diamond-cubic latticework that diffuses light to create iridescence. Built to a much larger scale in NightHawk, AudioQuest's grille comprises a repeating pattern of interwoven trellises, each successive layer gradually becoming thicker as the latticework expands outward.
- Acoustically superior, sustainably engineered materials
- Patent-pending suspension system with freely articulating earcups counteracts intrusive resonances
- Pistonic driver with biocellulose diaphragm and compliant rubber surround
- Patented split-gap motor dramatically reduces intermodulation distortion
- AudioQuest cable with improved strain relief; non-microphonic, kink-free jacket; discrete mic and smartphone controls
- Carbon Grey Metallic high-gloss finish
|Driver || 50mm Dynamic - Biocellulose Diaphragm - 1.2T Split-Gap Motor|
|Sensitivity || 99dBSPL / mW|
|Impedance ||25 Ohms|
|Power Handling ||1.5w|
|Weight || 346g (12.2 oz.)|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included ||Yes|
In The Box
| AudioQuest NightHawk Carbon Semi-Open Over-Ear Headphones|
| High-performance, durable detachable cable (51") with 45-degree 3.5mm miniplug|
| 1/4" adapter with thick Direct-Silver plating|
| Foam-padded carrying case|
| Cleaning cloth|
| 1-Year Warranty|