The Empire Ears Valkyrie was forged for a sole purpose: to create the single most captivating listening experience possible. Countless iterations were cast aside, falling just short of our vision. It was a challenge worthy of our decades of experience, experience utterly necessary to grasp victory from the jaws of the impossible. And it is glorious. The Valkyrie dances the knife's edge, somehow both bombastic and intimate. Laser precise highs deliver unprecedented detail while a tight and responsive low end drives a listening experience unlike any other. An Electrostatic Driver for the highs, tamed by our world leading EIVEC - Empire Intelligent Variable Electrostatic Control - technology blends seamlessly with a Balanced Armature Driver for the mids and our signature Weapon IX subwoofer for the lows, all precisely controlled by a 4-way synX Crossover Network. We've thrown everything we have at the Valkyrie, and the results speak for themselves. The Valkyrie comes with Empire Ears' new and exclusive "Dragonhide" faceplate and an Effect Audio Eros II cable as standard.
EIVEC and Electrostat Drivers
Valkyrie owes much of its energy and impact on the listener to Empire's newest technology, EIVEC, Empire Intelligent Variable Electrostatic Control. Through EIVEC they've managed to bring the three separate driver technologies into perfect harmony. Electrostatic drivers have remarkable capabilities but have a tendency to drown out their dynamic and balanced armature counterparts. Using EIVEC, the EST in Valkyrie delivers a crisp and detailed high end that blends seamlessly with the rest of the sound profile of tight, rich and natural lows from the Weapon IX dynamic subwoofer and lush mids from the balanced armature driver.
SynX Crossover Technology
Ultra-Wide Frequency Bandwidth
- The Valkyrie produces a super-wide frequency range, offering listeners unparalleled sound quality and details that bests even the most high-end headphones on the market.
- In order to ensure that all of the industry-leading sound quality is heard in your ears we’ve worked to create a unique combination of handpicked resistors, electrolytic capacitors, and filters in order to ensure the cleanest signal path possible while offering an exceptionally low noise floor.
- Extremely low distortion means that every nuance in your mix will be reproduced faithfully without audible artifacts.
Maximum Signal Transfer
- Every driver and crossover is individually wired and insulated with 7-strand, UPOCC Litz wires to eliminate acoustic feedback and further soldered with highly conductive, ultra pure silver and gold Mundorf Supreme for maximum signal transfer.
- 3 Proprietary Drivers, Tribrid Design
1 W9 Subwoofer
1 EST High
- 4-Way synX Crossover System
A.R.C. Resonance Mitigation Technology
- 3 ohms @ 1kHz
- Frequency Response
- 4 Hz - 100kHz
- 96dB @ 1kHz, 1mW
- 26AWG UPOCC Litz Copper/UPOCC Silver Hybrid Cable, Handcrafted by Effect Audio