The Fiio X1 (Gen2) Portable High Resolution Lossless Music Player is a pocket-sized audio player with a built-in Texas Instruments PCM5242 DAC chip and an Intersil ISL28291 chip. The X1 (Gen 2) has an updated touch wheel for advanced control and features dual-mode Bluetooth V4.0, which can send and receive data simultaneously.
The player currently supports five lossless audio formats including APE, FLAC, WAV, AIFF, and Apple Lossless, with support for WMA lossless coming in a future update. It also supports lossy formats including MP2, MP3, AAC, and WMA, and OGG. The player has a microSD card slot that supports up to 256GB of memory expansion. The built-in rechargeable battery recharges via USB and provides up to 15 hours of continuous playback. The player is also equipped with a 2" TFT color display with adjustable brightness.
Redesigned Touch Wheel
- The X1 (Gen 2) has an updated touch wheel with higher sensitivity, better anti-interference, enhanced reliability, and longer service life.
Wireless Bluetooth V4.0
- The Bluetooth 4.0 system based on the F1C81 chipset allows you to easily enjoy the music with reduced latency and high sound quality.
- Two-way transmission allows it to receive a Bluetooth signal, while send a Bluetooth signal (RM1 can be used at the same time when Bluetooth headphone or Bluetooth speaker is on).
- Vehicle mode provides a link between music and your vehicles audio system, which has greatly improved the acoustic quality of vehicle audio system and lets you enjoy high-quality music while on the go. (Operation of X1 reacts to starting and stopping of vehicle).
Dedicated DAC Chip
- Utilizing Texas Instruments' high-quality CM5242, the X1 (Gen2) achieves a higher signal-to-noise ratio and supports full differential line output to achieve balanced line output function.
- A dedicated LPF and operational amplifier optimize the power architecture and circuitry, improving sound quality by offering better low-frequency quality and depth.
- Supports both headphone output and line output, which can be used as audio source to your amplifier. Line output can be easily set in system settings.
Supports Lossless Audio Formats
- The X1 (Gen 2) currently supports the following lossless audio formats: APE, AIFF, FLAC, WAV, ALAC at up to 192 kHz/32-bit, with support for WMA lossless coming in a future update. It also supports the following lossy formats: AAC, MP2, MP3, OGG VORBIS, WMA.
Lightweight and Compact
- The X1 (Gen 2) is made from lightweight yet durable aluminum alloys. It's smaller than a bar of soap and weighs just 3.6 oz so it's easily portable.
Intuitive User Interface
- The user interface is custom designed for high-resolution DAPs on a full color display available in gold, silver, pink, orange, blue, and green themes.
MicroSD Card Slot
- Supports cards up to 256GB.
- The built-in 1800mAh 3.7V Lithium-polymer battery lasts for up to 12 hours.
Supported Music Formats
- APE format supports 192 kHz/24-bit audio maximum and 96 kHz/24-bit normal and high levels.
- FLAC format supports 192 kHz/24-bit audio for all compression levels.
- ALAC (Apple Lossless) format supports 192 kHz/24-bit audio.
- WAV format supports 192 kHz/32-bit audio.
- WMA format supports up to 48 kHz/24-bit.
- AAC format supported for compressed Apple audio files.
- Other audio formats supported include OGG, MP3, and MP2.
- Bluetooth: dual-mode Bluetooth V4.0.
- Touch Wheel: supported.
- In-Line Remote Control: supported (does not support volume control of Apple Earpods).
- Firmware Upgrades: via microSD card.
- External Storage: microSD card, supports up to 256GB.
- Data Transfer: USB 2.0.
- Song Playback: supporting browsing and playback via folders, "all songs", albums, artists, genres, "Favorites" and playlists.
- Play Mode: sequential, shuffle, loop single, single, and loop all.
- Resume After Power Off: can resume from last song or last position before power off.
- Library Management: supports adding and managing favorites, playlist on-player; supports deleting favorites, playlists, songs, and folder on-player; supports batch deletion.
- Hibernation: player can automatically enter hibernation for instant wake-up, playback with minimal battery drain.
- Screen Saver: custom-defined screen timeout time.
- Adjustable display brightness.
- Cuesheet Support: supports splitting songs by CUE cuesheets, skipping through tracks within cuesheet, fast forward and rewind.
- Album Cover: full-screen display option and normal display option.
- Playback Display: supporting lyrics and ID3 display.
- Playback Interval: gapless playback, fade in & out, off.
- Volume Control: 100-step digital potentiometer.
- Delete Current File: Supported (single track CUE file deletion not supported).
- Output Protection: automatic power off when output current is abnormal.
- Output Selection: line out / headphones.
- Volume Setting: customizable volume setting when power-on.
- Hearing Protection: customizable max volume setting to protect hearing.
- Balance: L10 - R10.
- On / Off Transients: MOS switch and low-distortion analog switch SGM3712 prevent on / off transients.
- Port Detection: automatically pause music playback on headset disconnect.
- Internal Battery: 1800mAh 3.7V lithium-ion polymer.
- Charging Current: up to 500mA via computer USB port, up to 1.5A via 2A USB charger (charging time approximately 3 hours).
- Play Time: approximately 12 hours with headphone output (can be improved with future firmware update), 15 hours on Bluetooth.
- Chips Used: SOC Ingenic JZ4760B, DAC: PCM5242, Headphone Amp Chip: ISL28291, LPF: OPA2322.
- Includes: 3.3' / 1m high-current micro-USB data/charging cable, transparent case, screen protector, and stickers.