The SPL Crossover is an active, analog 2-way crossover to coordinate your main speakers with your subwoofer, doing so without any DSP or analog-to-digital technology at all. The unit splits your signal, diverting midrange and high-range audio to your main monitors, and leaving the lows to route to the subs. The design utilizes SPL's 120V rail technology to ensure high headroom and crystal clear performance, and makes use of switches and pots to select among crossover frequencies, phase positions, low-level, and more. It's designed to work in both 2.1 and 2.2 setups, so if you utilize stereo subwoofers, this device will be suitable for your uses.
The unit splits signal into two sections: Low and Mid-Hi, doing so at ranges from 50 to 120 Hz in 6 different steps. The roll-off frequency for the Mid-Hi section can be 12 or 24 dB for octave to better complement your set up. Time aligning the low-end is very important, and this can be done via the flip of a phase switch, or on a continuously variable basis, giving you a full 360° of phase options to select among.
A low-cut filter is on hand to roll off frequencies below 20 Hz, which can be useful in keeping power amplifiers from trying to produce virtually inaudible frequencies that can cause sonic interference—and not a lot more. You can also vary the output of the subwoofer section on this device, doing so with a range of 20 dB. With the 3.5mm Control section, you can power up to four compatible power amplifiers straight from the Crossover, sending them 12V signals to switch them from stand-by to on.
- In the Low section, you'll see controls for crossover frequency, level and phase. You can also select between operations for one or two subwoofers, depending on your setup.
- If your playback system consists of two top speakers and a single subwoofer, set this switch to mono. The left and right channels are then summed to mono to feed the subwoofer. The mono LOW signal is then passed to both Low outputs, and you can select either one to drive your sub.
Low X-Over Switch
- The Low crossover filter is a Linkwitz/Riley design. The roll-off is 24 dB per octave. Set the crossover frequency with this switch. Available crossover frequencies are: 50, 60, 70, 85, 100, and 120 Hz.
- The PHASE switch and PHASE potentiometer time-align the subwoofer (or subwoofers) with the top speakers. This is especially useful when the subwoofer is placed elsewhere in the room. If you set the PHASE switch to position "Var -180°", you can use the phase potentiometer to vary the signal continuously between -180 and 0°. If you set the Phase switch to position "Var 0°", the potentiometer will operate between 0 to 180°.
- Set the overall level of the subs with this potentiometer. The control has a range of ±10 dB. It allows you to finely control the level of your subs in relation to your top speakers.
- The Mid-Hi section gives you various control over the frequency and roll-off of the top speaker's crossover.
- If you want to drive your top speakers full range, set this switch to off. The signal will then pass to the outputs without processing. Switch to on if you want to switch among frequencies with the X-Over and Roll-Off switches.
- Select the crossover frequency for the mid-hi bands with this selector. You can choose among 50, 60, 70, 85, 100, or 120 Hz.
- This switch can be set to two different slopes, 12 dB per octave (Butterworth), and 24 dB per octave (Linkwith/Riley).
- With the Low-Cut switch, you can engage a cut filter for frequencies below 20 Hz. The roll-off is 12 dB per octave. Both the Low and Mid-Hi sections are affected by this filter. It is used to filter out frequencies that do not contain musical content but demand a lot of power from the power amplifiers.
Amp Control I/O
- The Crossover sports 3.5mm inputs and outputs for triggering compatible units from standby to on, using a 12V trigger. If you own an SPL device that supports Amp Control outputs, you can trigger standby and operation of the Crossover. Just connect the Amp Control output of any compatible SPL device to the Crossover's Camp Control input. The Crossover has four trigger amp control outputs to switch up to four power amplifiers simultaneously. If the Crossover is triggered via Amp Control input section, the connected power amplifiers are triggered too. You may also use 12V trigger controller from third party developers. Use cables with 3.5mm mono mini jack plugs, where the tip is plus and the sleeve is minus.
When Taron and Andrew Lissimore started headphones.com, they wanted to create the headphone store they wished existed. As headphone enthusiasts, they wanted a store with 365-day returns.
So they decided they were going to try to make 365-day returns work - no matter how ridiculous it sounded to their wives.
Years later, they're still doing it, and their wives still think they're crazy.
So take some time to get to know your new gear. We want you to enjoy your purchase for years, not just a few weeks. If you're not satisfied, you can return items in like-new condition for up to 365-days.
How To Make a Return
1. Follow the link below.
To get the return process started, you just need to click this link. Enter your order number as well as e-mail address to get it started and after that just follow the steps outlined in the portal (note open-box, special order and sale items are not eligible). A pre-paid shipping label will be generated for you a deducted from your refund after being processed.
2. Pack Your Items Carefully
Your item must be in like-new condition with its original packaging. It must also include all original accessories and manuals. Please add a larger shipping box to protect the original packaging during shipping.
Important Refund Details
Refund or Exchange
You may choose either a refund or an exchange for the full cost of the item. The refund will be processed on the same method of payment you used to make the original purchase.
A pre-paid shipping label is generated for you. It is deducted from the final refund total after inpsection.
If you are returning a defective product, the product must be repaired under manufacturer's warranty before a refund is issued. If the manufacturer claims the product cannot be repaired under warranty due to damage outside of warranty, the product will be returned to you and no refund will be issued.
Like New Condition
Headphones.com may refuse a return or charge a restocking fee if the items are not complete and in like-new condition. Here are some examples of returns that would incur a restocking fee:
- The returned item is missing accessories or parts that were included with the original product
- There are obvious signs of wear (scratches, dirt, worn out parts etc.)
Here are some examples of returns that may be refused:
- The serial number on the returned product is different from the serial number that was originally shipped.
- The item has been damaged through mishandling (water damage, drop damage etc.)
Special order, sale and open-box items are not covered by our 365-day return policy. However they are usually covered by the manufacturers warranty.
Special order items are non-cancellable and non-returnable. The estimated shipping window is just an estimate, your item may ship sooner or later than the estimate.
Accessories such as ear pads and ear tips are final sale and not returnable due to hygienic reasons.
Return shipping is paid by the customer.
Products with Batteries
15% restocking fee.
Returned products that have been damaged cannot be returned. Regular wear and tear is expected. Each return is inspected and tested.
10% restocking fee.
Returns with missing accessories
20% restocking fee.
Bundled Item Return
All items from the bundle must be returned. If an item is missing, retail value for the item will be deducted.
Return of a purchase with a missing or damaged free item
Retail value of the missing/damaged gift items.
Return of more than 2 items in a 365-Day Period
25% restocking fee on each additional return.
Open-Box, Sale and Special Order
These items are final sale however the manufacturers warranty still applies
Return Policy Abuse
In order to provide a 365-day return policy, we need to take abuse seriously.
We monitor a buyers ratio of purchased to returned products. If it exceeds an internal threshold they will no longer be allowed to place orders with Headphones.com. This includes customers who spread returns across multiple accounts.
We made our return policy to help you find gear you feel great about for a long time. Most people use it exactly as intended. We don't want the handful of people who attempt to abuse our policy to ruin it for everyone else.
If you paid with a cryptocurrency, the returned amount will be equal to the USD equivalent of your payment on CoinGecko.com at the time the refund is processed. The return will be made in the currency of your original order.
After You've Made a Return
Each return is inspected at our warehouse. During busy times these inspections may take a few extra days.
Refund or Credit
We will notify you by email when your refund or credit has been processed. It may take a few business days for a refund to appear in your account. This is determined by your financial institution.
If you still have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and an advisor will be happy to help.
One of the key things we pride ourselves on is our customer service and one of the most important aspects of our customer service is getting you your product on time! But not only do we want to get it to you on time, we want to make sure we are using a reliable courier so the experience for you is the best possible. That is why we ship all of our orders with FedEX.
While couriers like USPS are tempting because of their low cost, we have found that they are not a good experience for our customers. Nobody wants their package to not be delivered and then have to spend an hour on hold with the local post office trying to get information. To that end, all of our packages are shipped signature required with FedEX to make sure your package arrives in your hands safe and sound and if there are any issues, your time isn't wasted.
However, if you are looking to ship to PO Box or APO address, we can definitely accommodate your shipping needs!
How Much Does Shipping Cost?
Shipping in the US and Canada is free if your order is over $100, no matter what (you do always have the choice to upgrade your shipping at checkout as well).
FedEX Ground Shipping
All orders $100 or over & under $300 qualify for free FedEX Ground shipping.
FedEX 2-Day Shipping
All orders between $300 - $999,99 get free FedEX 2-Day shipping.
All orders over $1000 qualify for free FedEX Overnight shipping. Overnight shipping is covered under FedEX as the next business day. Saturday and Sunday deliveries are not part of their guaranteed overnight delivery.
All orders shipped through Headphones.com are shipped with signature required. Since most signature requirements have been suspended during COVID-19, we are shipping orders with an Adult Signature Required.
How Soon Will My Order Ship
We strive for every item we have on the website to be in stock and ready to ship the same day. So if your order is in stock and you place your order before 2pm PST, it will ship that same day.
Sometimes, we like to give our customers the opportunity to place orders on backordered items or pre-orders. In those situations, it will be clearly written on the page that the product is backordered or available for pre-order. When the item is back in stock, it will ship out with the FedEX shipping methods above.
Questions About Shipping
If you have any questions about shipping or any other concerns, always feel free to reach out to us via our Live Chat located at the bottom right corner of your screen or by E-mail at email@example.com
Paying with Cryptocurrency is easy at Headphones.com!
The simplest way to pay is by simply going through our checkout process. After entering your shipment details and choosing your preferred shipping method, you will be able to select your payment method. From there you will have the choice to pay with a variety of different cryptocurrencies.
If you don't see the currency you're looking to pay with or would prefer a manual quote, please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.