The Westone Signature W80 in-ear monitor headphones features eight balanced armature drivers, with dual bass, dual mids, and quad high, linked with a 3-way passive crossover. Ten pairs of ear tips in assorted sizes and materials provide maximum comfort for all-day wear. In addition, you get two interchangeable cables, including one with an in-line remote/microphone for music and phone call control. The W80s come with a mesh storage pouch, cleaning tool, cleaning cloth, and small and large premium carrying cases.
Eight Driver System
- The W80s are equipped with an Eight Driver System, consisting of 8 balanced armature drivers with a 3-way crossover network, for unprecedented sound and detail. The W80s feature quad drivers for the high frequencies, two for the midrange, and two for the bass. These efficient in-ear headphones (111dB sensitivity) deliver more power and control than traditional dynamic drivers. Because the drivers are smaller, the ear buds fit snugly into your ear for comfort and in-ear coupling for best sound quality.
- The W80 comes with a 55" MFI (made for iPhone) cable with a 3-button remote control and microphone. The remote is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch for volume, tracking, phone answer/end, and Siri activation. There is limited functionality with other smartphones. A 48" ALO Audio Reference 8 cable is also included, featuring four 32-gauge silver-plated high purity OFC conductors and four 32-gauge bare Ohno continuous cast copper conductors. Twisted together, the eight conductors effectively equal 23-gauge. The ALO cable contains no remote or microphone. The MMCX connector on the ear buds allows you to easily exchange the cables whenever you like.
- Five pairs of patented STAR Silicone Tips and five pairs of True-Fit Foam Tips are included with the headphones. The Up & Over cable routing found on both cables helps keep the ear buds in the proper place and prevents the headphones from falling out. The STAR Silicone Tips and the True-Fit Foam Tips come in five sizes each, ensuring a superior fit and maximum comfort. With a proper fit, these in-ear headphones shut out external sounds, boasting an incredible 35dB passive noise attenuation. For convenience, a wax removal tool and cleaning cloth are included to keep your ear tips clean and working at top efficiency.
- The W80s include four pairs of interchangeable metallic faceplates: blue (installed on the ear buds out of the box), gold, silver, and red. Each faceplate has the W80 logo on one side and the L or R designation to indicate the proper channels. A special tool is required to remove and attach the faceplates, and is included in the box.
- The Westone W80 in-ear headphones come with a Premium Deluxe carrying case, a Premium Small carrying case, and a mesh drawstring pouch to store and protect your headphones, tools, and spare ear tips.