AudioQuest's closed-back NightOwl Carbon further advances the state of the headphone art, replacing NightHawk’s sound-diffusing grille with an intelligently designed aperiodic damping system for excellent isolation of external noise.
- Hidden beneath the central circular portion of NightOwl’s earcups, a vent runs along the perimeter of each dome and exits through a hidden airflow-resistive port. Thus, unlike other headphones that use a sealed enclosure, NightOwl is designed to effectively relieve the buildup of pressure, allowing the drivers to breathe freely, ensuring that any impulses quickly return to an innocuous resting state—with no ringing, oscillation, or resonance.
- Compared to the drive-units commonly used in most headphones, NightOwl’s 50mm dynamic driver much more closely resembles the high-quality drive-units found in today’s most sophisticated loudspeakers—not simply in appearance, but, more importantly, in terms of function and performance. It employs a carefully constructed bio-cellulose diaphragm, voice-coil former, and compliant rubber surround, resulting in quality that is as easily seen as it is heard.
- NightOwl’s headpad attaches to its outer headband via small, swiveling pins located on either side of the headband’s base, just above the suspension’s yoke. An inner elastic band is concealed by a soft, modestly cushioned pad, which yields and rises when met by resistance or pressure. In this simple way, the headpad automatically adjusts to the listener’s head—no clicking, snapping, cranking, or guessing involved—guaranteeing an easy, comfortable fit, time and time again. Just place NightOwl over your head and let it do its thing. There’s nothing else to do, but enjoy.
- Acoustically superior, sustainably engineered materials
- Patent-pending suspension system with freely articulating earcups counteracts intrusive resonances
- Pistonic driver with biocellulose diaphragm and compliant rubber surround
- Patented split-gap motor dramatically reduces intermodulation distortion
- AudioQuest cable with improved strain relief; non-microphonic, kink-free jacket; discrete mic and smartphone controls
- Carbon Grey Metallic high-gloss finish