The new flagship from Meze Audio is here! Introducing the Meze Audio ELITE. Combining an exclusive aesthetic with state-of-the-art engineering, ELITE delivers an accurate, authentic listening experience ready to meet the highest expectations of the proficient audiophile.
From Meze Audio's founder, Antonio Meze
"With ELITE, we've created something that transcends all barriers of headphone design and engineering and moves to a new, artistic, graceful level. Following in the footsteps of a successful partnership, together with Rinaro Isodynamics we managed to exceed our expectations once again and create something for the ages. It’s not mass production; it’s the craftsmanship that sparks the magic and wonder in ELITE, what makes it exciting, and these are values that we choose over any shortcuts."
- A deep black grill with intricate carvings completes the look, turning ELITE into a futuristic take on personal audio design.
- Take a closer look to discover the highly complex geometrical imprint accentuated through the silver finish of the CNC aluminum frame.
- Materials were chosen not just for the exciting sensory experience their raw texture provides, but also for comfort and durability.
- A carbon fibre headband with a real leather headrest were added to the frame, for an ultra-light feel and maximum durability.
- Driver type: Rinaro Isodynamic Hybrid Array Driver®
- Open-back, Circumaural headphones
- Aluminum CNC frame
- Carbon fibre headband
- Patent Pending pressure distribution wings
- Revolutionary isomagnetic ear pads
- Anthropometric ear cup shape
MEZE X RINARO
Meze Audio and Rinaro Isodynamics continue their collaboration for the release of the new ELITE Isodynamic Hybrid Array headphone. Combining the outstanding mechanical design and ergonomics from Meze Audio with the signature technology and acoustic engineering of Rinaro, ELITE is here to set a new standard in top of the line headphone performance.
With a custom, newly designed driver, created by Rinaro Isodynamics, ELITE is the result of 3 years of research and development through which we strived to create a powerful, lifelike, and immersive experience that awakens the senses of the listener.
ULTRA LOW DISTORTION
- Total harmonic distortion (THD) measures under 0.05% in the whole frequency range.
- 75g combined driver weight designed to create a headphone that offers prolonged listening sessions.
ULTRA HIGH RESOLUTION AUDIO
- Upper frequency limit of audio reproduction is 112,000 Hz.
RINARO PARUS® DIAPHRAGM
- An innovative low mass acoustic diaphragm constructed on an ultra-thin biaxially oriented semi-crystalline film.
EASY TO DRIVE
- 101dB@1mw/1kHz; 32Ω Can be driven by almost any source without the need for amplification.
PATENTED ISODYNAMIC HYBRID ARRAY TECHNOLOGY
- One of the most sophisticated and advanced planar magnetic technologies in the world.
ARCHITECTURE OF THE ISODYNAMIC HYBRID ARRAY DRIVER
The MZ3SE driver builds on the pioneering technology of the flagship MZ3 driver found in the Empyrean headphone. The innovative Isodynamic Hybrid Array technology delivers a more selective acoustic performance to the various areas within the structure of the ear. Advances in diaphragm materials have opened the doors to even higher resolution and accuracy of the sound reproduction, setting a new benchmark in headphone design.
- Reinforced polymer housing designed to withstand the demanding 12,7N load generated by the Hybrid Magnet Array.
RINARO PARUS® DIAPHRAGM
- Weighing only 0.11g with a large active area of 4650mm.
[MZ3SE] HYBRID MAGNET ARRAY
- Symmetrically placed on either side of the diaphragm, two neodymium magnets are arranged into a Hybrid Array to create a 0.35 Tesla Isodynamic magnetic field required for a uniform activation across the whole diaphragm surface.
INTRODUCING RINARO PARUS : A LOW MASS DIAPHRAGM MATERIAL THAT SETS A NEW BENCHMARK IN ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCE
The new driver behind ELITE features Rinaro Parus®, an innovative low mass acoustic diaphragm built on an ultra-thin biaxially oriented semi-crystalline polymer film.
This, combined with the signature Isodynamic Hybrid Array Driver technology, allows sound waves to be targeted with more accuracy around the shape of the ear, producing natural sound transparency and a wide, articulate soundstage.
The polymer is produced with bespoke sequential biaxial lengthening technology, a process that involves stretching the polymer in transverse directions at elevated temperatures to improve structural performance.
This results in a complex semi-crystalline micro-structure developing in the material, which exhibits remarkable strength, stiffness, and stability, combined with an extremely low acoustic mass.
DUAL DRIVEN SYSTEM ADVANTAGES
Conventional planar magnetic technology reflects the signals entering the ear canal with time-varying delays, which affects the 3D sound imaging of the headphone.
Using different voice coil configurations, the hybrid array determines a better distribution of the sound intensity across the sound wave front, when directed to the auricle and ear canal, even at high frequencies.
The use of dual coil arrays not only creates a balanced frequency response around the whole range, it also allows for better frequency targeting within different areas of the ear, improving acoustical perception on the upper frequency range.
- The switchback coil is more efficient at reproducing lower frequencies and is positioned in the upper part of the driver.
- The spiral coil is more efficient at reproducing middle-high frequencies and is positioned directly over the ear canal, enabling more direct sound waves to enter the ear without any time delays.
DUAL DRIVE EFFICIENCY AT HIGHER FREQUENCIES
At frequencies above 10kHz, where sound wave length is smaller than the cushions inner cavity, the sound field becomes diffused with an amount of the direct and reflected sound waves within the ear canal.
A significant increase of direct sound waves can be achieved by positioning the most efficient part of the diaphragm in mid-high frequencies directly over the ear canal, resulting in improved 3D imaging and spatial localization.
PRECISION MANUFACTURED FROM THE GROUND UP
It takes more than 100 hours to produce and test each driver unit that has been manufactured at Rinaro Isodynamics in Ukraine, before delivering the drivers to Meze Audio for final assembly of the headphone.
ISOMAGNETIC EARCUP TO EARPAD COUPLING TECHNOLOGY
95% MAGNETIC FIELD SHIELDING
- The ferromagnetic earpads decrease the magnetic stray field affecting the listeners head by 95%
INVISIBLE LOCKING SYSTEM
- This innovation uses the magnetic field of the drivers to keep the ear pads in place
12% INCREASE IN DRIVER POWER
- Patented ferromagnetic plates channel the magnetic field back into the driver increasing output by 1dB or 12%
CALIBRATE YOUR SOUND
- The Meze ELITE headphone comes with two uniquely shaped earpads developed by Rinaro, which allow for personal calibration of the sound signature.
- This is the well known 30mm deep Alcantara earpad, originally developed for the Empyrean headphone in 2018.
02. HYBRID (Perforated Alcantara® Interior + Real Leather Exterior)
- Developed especially for ELITE by Rinaro, the 25mm deep Leather + Alcantara earpad is a new addition to the line-up that combines the best of two materials ALCANTARA is a trademark of ALCANTARA S.p.A in one design.
PATENT-PENDING PRESSURE DISTRIBUTION WINGS
The patent-pending suspension wings support system is elongated and curved at both ends, descending further on the side of the head and distributing the weight of the headphone evenly, for an utmost comfortable listening experience.
DESIGNED FOR LIFE
A core belief of Meze is to create products that last through years and years of industry changes, bringing long-lasting value to the customer. Elite is no different.
From looks to technology, this headphone was designed to surpass all short-living trends and become a true heirloom.
Taking long-term sustainability to a new level, Elite is also fully serviceable: from the replaceable earpads to the high-performance materials used, every part on the headphone chassis is available to be easily disassembled and serviced.
- Diaphragm Type: RinaroParus®[MZ3SE]
- Frequency response: 3 - 112,000 Hz
- Impedance: 32 Ω
- Nominal SPL: 101 dB (1mW/1kHz)
- Maximum SPL: >130dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.05% (in the whole frequency range)
- Weight: ~ 420g
What's In The Box?
- Case: High-strength silver-colored aluminum suitcase with foam inserts
- Cable options: 2.5m OFC cable, ending with 6.3 jack
1.2m OFC cable, ending with 3.5 jack
2.5m OFC cable, ending with XLR connection
- Headphone termination: 2 x 4-pin Mini-XLR
- Two sets of earpads included: one pair of Hybrid (perforated Alcantara interior+Leather exterior)
one pair of Alcantara
When Taron and Andrew Lissimore started headphones.com, they wanted to create the headphone store they wished existed. As headphone enthusiasts, they wanted a store with 365-day returns.
So they decided they were going to try to make 365-day returns work - no matter how ridiculous it sounded to their wives.
Years later, they're still doing it, and their wives still think they're crazy.
So take some time to get to know your new gear. We want you to enjoy your purchase for years, not just a few weeks. If you're not satisfied, you can return items in like-new condition for up to 365-days.
How To Make a Return
1. Follow the link below.
To get the return process started, you just need to click this link. Enter your order number as well as e-mail address to get it started and after that just follow the steps outlined in the portal (note open-box, special order and sale items are not eligible). A pre-paid shipping label will be generated for you a deducted from your refund after being processed.
After receiving your return label, you will have 7 days to drop off your return with the courier. If your return is not dropped off within 7 days of receiving your return label, a 30% restocking fee will occur. If your return is not dropped off within a month of your label being issued, your return will be rejected.
2. Pack Your Items Carefully
Your item must be in like-new condition with its original packaging. It must also include all original accessories and manuals. Please add a larger shipping box to protect the original packaging during shipping.
Important Refund Details
Refund or Exchange
You may choose either a refund or an exchange for the full cost of the item. The refund will be processed on the same method of payment you used to make the original purchase.
A pre-paid shipping label is generated for you. It is deducted from the final refund total after inpsection.
If you are returning a defective product, the product must be repaired under manufacturer's warranty before a refund is issued. If the manufacturer claims the product cannot be repaired under warranty due to damage outside of warranty, the product will be returned to you and no refund will be issued.
Like New Condition
Headphones.com may refuse a return or charge a restocking fee if the items are not complete and in like-new condition. Here are some examples of returns that would incur a restocking fee:
- The returned item is missing accessories or parts that were included with the original product
- There are obvious signs of wear (scratches, dirt, worn out parts etc.)
Here are some examples of returns that may be refused:
- The serial number on the returned product is different from the serial number that was originally shipped.
- The item has been damaged through mishandling (water damage, drop damage etc.)
Special order, sale and open-box items are not covered by our 365-day return policy. However they are usually covered by the manufacturers warranty.
Special order items are non-cancellable and non-returnable. The estimated shipping window is just an estimate, your item may ship sooner or later than the estimate.
Accessories such as ear pads and ear tips are final sale and not returnable due to hygienic reasons.
5% on Affirm orders. All other orders have no cancellation fees with one exception.
Return shipping is paid by the customer.
10% Restocking Fee
Products with Batteries
15% restocking fee.
Returned products that have been damaged cannot be returned. Regular wear and tear is expected. Each return is inspected and tested.
10% restocking fee.
Returns with missing accessories
20% restocking fee.
Bundled Item Return
All items from the bundle must be returned. If an item is missing, retail value for the item will be deducted.
Return of a purchase with a missing or damaged free item
Retail value of the missing/damaged gift items.
Return of more than 2 items in a 365-Day Period
25% restocking fee on each additional return.
Open-Box, Sale and Special Order
These items are final sale however the manufacturers warranty still applies
Return Policy Abuse
In order to provide a 365-day return policy, we need to take abuse seriously.
We monitor a buyers ratio of purchased to returned products. If it exceeds an internal threshold they will no longer be allowed to place orders with Headphones.com. This includes customers who spread returns across multiple accounts.
We made our return policy to help you find gear you feel great about for a long time. Most people use it exactly as intended. We don't want the handful of people who attempt to abuse our policy to ruin it for everyone else.
If you paid with a cryptocurrency, the returned amount will be equal to the USD equivalent of your payment on CoinGecko.com at the time the refund is processed. The return will be made in the currency of your original order.
After You've Made a Return
Each return is inspected at our warehouse. During busy times these inspections may take a few extra days.
Refund or Credit
We will notify you by email when your refund or credit has been processed. It may take a few business days for a refund to appear in your account. This is determined by your financial institution.
If you still have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and an advisor will be happy to help.
One of the key things we pride ourselves on is our customer service and one of the most important aspects of our customer service is getting you your product on time! But not only do we want to get it to you on time, we want to make sure we are using a reliable courier so the experience for you is the best possible. That is why we ship all of our orders with FedEX.
While couriers like USPS are tempting because of their low cost, we have found that they are not a good experience for our customers. Nobody wants their package to not be delivered and then have to spend an hour on hold with the local post office trying to get information. To that end, all of our packages are shipped signature required with FedEX to make sure your package arrives in your hands safe and sound and if there are any issues, your time isn't wasted.
However, if you are looking to ship to PO Box or APO address, we can definitely accommodate your shipping needs!
How Much Does Shipping Cost?
Shipping in the continental US is free if your order is over $100, no matter what (you do always have the choice to upgrade your shipping at checkout as well).
Canadian orders over $250 are eligible for free shipping. Duties & Taxes are not included but you can choose to pay Duties & Taxes during checkout with DHL.
Due to our vendor agreements with the brands that we carry, we are unable to ship outside of the United States or Canada.
FedEX Ground Shipping
All orders $100 or over & under $300 qualify for free FedEX Ground shipping.
FedEX 2-Day Shipping
All orders between $300 - $999,99 get free FedEX 2-Day shipping.
All orders over $1000 qualify for free FedEX Overnight shipping. Overnight shipping is covered under FedEX as the next business day. Saturday and Sunday deliveries are not part of their guaranteed overnight delivery.
All orders shipped through Headphones.com are shipped with signature required. Since most signature requirements have been suspended during COVID-19, we are shipping orders with an Adult Signature Required.
How Soon Will My Order Ship
We strive for every item we have on the website to be in stock and ready to ship the same day. So if your order is in stock and you place your order before 1pm PST, it will ship that same day.
Sometimes, we like to give our customers the opportunity to place orders on backordered items or pre-orders. In those situations, it will be clearly written on the page that the product is backordered or available for pre-order. When the item is back in stock, it will ship out with the FedEX shipping methods above.
Questions About Shipping
If you have any questions about shipping or any other concerns, always feel free to reach out to us via our Live Chat located at the bottom right corner of your screen or by E-mail at email@example.com
Paying with Cryptocurrency is easy at Headphones.com!
The simplest way to pay is by simply going through our checkout process. After entering your shipment details and choosing your preferred shipping method, you will be able to select your payment method. From there you will have the choice to pay with a variety of different cryptocurrencies.
If you don't see the currency you're looking to pay with or would prefer a manual quote, please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.