The SPL Phonitor xe Headphone Amplifier is the ultimate standalone device for headphone enthusiasts who want the perfect solution without compromise.
DUAL POWER AMP
- Balanced headphones can be connected to the 4-pin XLR socket. The Phonitor xe has a built-in advanced dual power amp that drives headphones balanced with twice the power of the standard 1/4" jack. This tightens the bass response and makes the overall playback even more relaxed and transparent. Both the standard and the 4-pin headphone outputs can be used simultaneously.
- The Phonitor xe features both balanced and standard headphone output sockets on the front and on the back. Permanently connected headphones can be put in the rear sockets so that the headphone cable does not get in the way. A switch on the front allows to toggle between front and rear outputs. This also allows you to compare headphones without plugging and unplugging.
OPTIMIZED PHONITOR MATRIX
- The Phonitor Matrix is identical to the Phonitor x and purely designed for audio playback. Unlike the professional version Phonitor 2, features like Center Level, Solo and Polarity are not included in the Phonitor xe as they are only of use in music production.
- The Crossfeed switch allows you to adjust the frequency-dependent crossfeed simulation of both channels by adjustments of interaural level difference – as if this characteristic would be heard from monitors when in their own room ambience. One can compare variations in crossfeed values as approximating the influence of different room sizes and characteristics on a given loudspeaker setup. This adjustment can be made in six steps ranging from “minimum” to “maximum”. Crossfeed interacts with the Angle value to simulate the width of a stereo image.
- The Angle switch provides for frequency-dependent simulation of your stereo image width by adjustments of interaural time difference. This influences the moment in time at which a signal’s wave form arrives at the ear and corresponds to a particular variation in the angle of an actual loudspeaker pair. The time constants of the interaural time differences between the left and right channels occur within a range of 90 to 635 microseconds.
- To control the Volume you can use any IR remote control. The cool part is that the Phonitor xe learns your remote! You can use the remote control of your CD player for instance. Assign Volume Up and Volume Down to any button and let the Phonitor xe learn them.
- Neutrik XLR, balanced, Pin 2 = (+)
- Impedance: ca. 20 kohms
- CMR: -82 dBu (at 1 kHz)
- Max. Input level: +32.5 dBu
- RCA inputs
- Impedance: ca. 10 kohms
- Max. Input level: +32.5 dBu
- Digital inputs (optional) / sample rates
- Coaxial SPDIF (RCA) - sample rates PCM (kHz): 44.1, 48 , 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192
- Optical TOSLINK (F06) sample rates PCM (kHz): 44.1, 48 , 88.2, 96
- USB (B) PCM sample rates (kHz): 44.1, 48 , 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384, 705.6, 768
- DSD 1, 2 and 4 (DoP)
- AES sample rates PCM (kHz): 44.1, 48 , 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192
Balanced headphone output
- Neutrik 4-pin XLR connector (front and rear side)
- Pin wiring: 1 = L (+), 2 = L (-), 3 = R (+), 4 = R (-)
- Impedance: 0.36 ohms
- Damping factor: 180 @ 40 ohms
- Frequency range: 10 Hz to 300 kHz ( -3 dB)
- Crosstalk at 1 kHz: -90 dB
- THD & N: 0.00082 % (at 0 dBu, 1 kHz, 100 kohms load)
- Noise (A-weighted): -98 dBu
- Dynamic range: 130.5 dB
Standard headphone output
- 6.35 mm TRS connector (front and rear side)
- Pin wiring: Tip = Left, ring = right, sleeve = GND
- Impedance: 0.18 ohm
- Attenuation factor: 180 @ 40 ohms
- Frequency range: 10 Hz to 300 kHz ( -3 dB)
- Crosstalk at 1 kHz: -90 dB
- THD & N: 0.00082% (at 0 dBu, 1 kHz, 100 kohms load)
- Noise (A-weighted): -103 dB
- Dynamic range: 135.5 dB
- Max. Output power (at +30 dBu @ 1 kHz)
- 2 x 1 W at 600 Ohm impedance
- 2 x 2 W at 300 Ohm impedance
- 2x 3.7 W at 120 Ohm impedance
- 2x 2.9 W at 47 Ohm impedance
- 2x 2.7 W at 32 Ohm impedance
Internal operating voltages
- Analog: +/- 60 V
- Digital: + 5 V and + 3.3 V (optional DAC768)
- Mains voltage (switchable): 230 V AC / 50 Hz or 115 V AC / 60 Hz
- Fuses: 230 V: T 500 mA; 115 V: T 1 A
- Power consumption: max 40 VA
- Stand-by power consumption: 0.7 W
Dimensions (incl. feet)
- (WxHxD) 10.94 x 3.94 x 12.99 in (278 x 100 x 330 mm)
- 11.24 lbs (5.1 kg), unit only
What's In The Bow?
SPL Phonitor XE headphone amp comes nicely packed and protected. The packaging also includes the power cable, user manual with Phonitor Matrix adjustment instructions, and a warranty card.
Drivers for Windows can be found on the SPL’s official webpage. Drivers for Mac OS are not required.
When Taron and Andrew Lissimore started headphones.com, they wanted to create the headphone store they wished existed. As headphone enthusiasts, they wanted a store with 365-day returns.
So they decided they were going to try to make 365-day returns work - no matter how ridiculous it sounded to their wives.
Years later, they're still doing it, and their wives still think they're crazy.
So take some time to get to know your new gear. We want you to enjoy your purchase for years, not just a few weeks. If you're not satisfied, you can return items in like-new condition for up to 365-days.
How To Make a Return
1. Follow the link below.
To get the return process started, you just need to click this link. Enter your order number as well as e-mail address to get it started and after that just follow the steps outlined in the portal (note open-box, special order and sale items are not eligible). A pre-paid shipping label will be generated for you a deducted from your refund after being processed.
2. Pack Your Items Carefully
Your item must be in like-new condition with its original packaging. It must also include all original accessories and manuals. Please add a larger shipping box to protect the original packaging during shipping.
Important Refund Details
Refund or Exchange
You may choose either a refund or an exchange for the full cost of the item. The refund will be processed on the same method of payment you used to make the original purchase.
A pre-paid shipping label is generated for you. It is deducted from the final refund total after inpsection.
If you are returning a defective product, the product must be repaired under manufacturer's warranty before a refund is issued. If the manufacturer claims the product cannot be repaired under warranty due to damage outside of warranty, the product will be returned to you and no refund will be issued.
Like New Condition
Headphones.com may refuse a return or charge a restocking fee if the items are not complete and in like-new condition. Here are some examples of returns that would incur a restocking fee:
- The returned item is missing accessories or parts that were included with the original product
- There are obvious signs of wear (scratches, dirt, worn out parts etc.)
Here are some examples of returns that may be refused:
- The serial number on the returned product is different from the serial number that was originally shipped.
- The item has been damaged through mishandling (water damage, drop damage etc.)
Special order, sale and open-box items are not covered by our 365-day return policy. However they are usually covered by the manufacturers warranty.
Special order items are non-cancellable and non-returnable. The estimated shipping window is just an estimate, your item may ship sooner or later than the estimate.
Accessories such as ear pads and ear tips are final sale and not returnable due to hygienic reasons.
Return shipping is paid by the customer.
10% Restocking Fee
Products with Batteries
15% restocking fee.
Returned products that have been damaged cannot be returned. Regular wear and tear is expected. Each return is inspected and tested.
10% restocking fee.
Returns with missing accessories
20% restocking fee.
Bundled Item Return
All items from the bundle must be returned. If an item is missing, retail value for the item will be deducted.
Return of a purchase with a missing or damaged free item
Retail value of the missing/damaged gift items.
Return of more than 2 items in a 365-Day Period
25% restocking fee on each additional return.
Open-Box, Sale and Special Order
These items are final sale however the manufacturers warranty still applies
Return Policy Abuse
In order to provide a 365-day return policy, we need to take abuse seriously.
We monitor a buyers ratio of purchased to returned products. If it exceeds an internal threshold they will no longer be allowed to place orders with Headphones.com. This includes customers who spread returns across multiple accounts.
We made our return policy to help you find gear you feel great about for a long time. Most people use it exactly as intended. We don't want the handful of people who attempt to abuse our policy to ruin it for everyone else.
If you paid with a cryptocurrency, the returned amount will be equal to the USD equivalent of your payment on CoinGecko.com at the time the refund is processed. The return will be made in the currency of your original order.
After You've Made a Return
Each return is inspected at our warehouse. During busy times these inspections may take a few extra days.
Refund or Credit
We will notify you by email when your refund or credit has been processed. It may take a few business days for a refund to appear in your account. This is determined by your financial institution.
If you still have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and an advisor will be happy to help.
One of the key things we pride ourselves on is our customer service and one of the most important aspects of our customer service is getting you your product on time! But not only do we want to get it to you on time, we want to make sure we are using a reliable courier so the experience for you is the best possible. That is why we ship all of our orders with FedEX.
While couriers like USPS are tempting because of their low cost, we have found that they are not a good experience for our customers. Nobody wants their package to not be delivered and then have to spend an hour on hold with the local post office trying to get information. To that end, all of our packages are shipped signature required with FedEX to make sure your package arrives in your hands safe and sound and if there are any issues, your time isn't wasted.
However, if you are looking to ship to PO Box or APO address, we can definitely accommodate your shipping needs!
How Much Does Shipping Cost?
Shipping in the continental US is free if your order is over $100, no matter what (you do always have the choice to upgrade your shipping at checkout as well).
Canadian orders over $250 are eligible for free shipping. Duties & Taxes are not included but you can choose to pay Duties & Taxes during checkout with DHL.
Due to our vendor agreements with the brands that we carry, we are unable to ship outside of the United States or Canada.
FedEX Ground Shipping
All orders $100 or over & under $300 qualify for free FedEX Ground shipping.
FedEX 2-Day Shipping
All orders between $300 - $999,99 get free FedEX 2-Day shipping.
All orders over $1000 qualify for free FedEX Overnight shipping. Overnight shipping is covered under FedEX as the next business day. Saturday and Sunday deliveries are not part of their guaranteed overnight delivery.
All orders shipped through Headphones.com are shipped with signature required. Since most signature requirements have been suspended during COVID-19, we are shipping orders with an Adult Signature Required.
How Soon Will My Order Ship
We strive for every item we have on the website to be in stock and ready to ship the same day. So if your order is in stock and you place your order before 1pm PST, it will ship that same day.
Sometimes, we like to give our customers the opportunity to place orders on backordered items or pre-orders. In those situations, it will be clearly written on the page that the product is backordered or available for pre-order. When the item is back in stock, it will ship out with the FedEX shipping methods above.
Questions About Shipping
If you have any questions about shipping or any other concerns, always feel free to reach out to us via our Live Chat located at the bottom right corner of your screen or by E-mail at email@example.com
Paying with Cryptocurrency is easy at Headphones.com!
The simplest way to pay is by simply going through our checkout process. After entering your shipment details and choosing your preferred shipping method, you will be able to select your payment method. From there you will have the choice to pay with a variety of different cryptocurrencies.
If you don't see the currency you're looking to pay with or would prefer a manual quote, please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.