*The only difference between the US5 and US5 Pro will be the addition of a 256 step relay volume control on the plus version.
Niimbus, the new high-end brand from the developers of Lake People.
Born from the experience of more than three decades of Lake People development, as well as the technical and visual claims of the Violectric brand lifted to a new, previously unknown level of quality, the name addition of Niimbus devices is therefore logically "Ultimate Series".
Devices with the Niimbus label stand for a special design, extraordinary technology and uncompromising quality - of course "Handmade in Germany".
Niimbus US 5 and US 5 Pro represent the uncompromising evolution of the renowned, high-quality headphone amplifiers from Violectric. During the three years of development work, no compromises in circuit design, component and material costs were made to create a headphone amplifier with outstanding audiophile characteristics.
The completely redeveloped channel-separated and 100% analog amplifier circuit features hand-selected audiophile components and has been optimized for lowest noise and highest performance even on very low-impedance headphones. In conjunction with the oversized power supply and the associated high supply voltage you get an extremely detailed and tidy sound that plays in any setting and with any headphone absolutely relaxed and represents every nuance of the music.
- Two unsym. Stereo inputs (RCA)
- Sym. stereo input (3-pin XLR)
- Unsym. Stereo output (RCA)
- Sym. stereo output (3-pin XLR)
- Two unsym. headphone outputs (6.3 mm jack)
- Sym. headphone output (4-pin XLR)
- Sym. headphone output (4.4mm Pentaconn)
- Balance regulator
- Volume control via relay (256 levels)
- Remote Control
- Digitally controlled analogue signal path
- Input selection at the front
- Output selection at the front
- Delayed activation with power-on
- Immediate separation during power-off
- DC protection
- Overload protection
- Over temperature protection
- Ultimate circuit design
- Channel-separated construction
|In-/Output||2 / 2 channel (sym. XLR)|
|Headphone outputs:||1 (sym., XLR 4-Pol), 2|
|Frequency response:||0 - 200 kHz|
|Output impedance:||< 15 Ohm|
|max. Output level:||32.4 (600 Ohm) _ 30.4 dBu (100 Ohm) _ 27.7 dBu (50 Ohm) _ 24.8 dBu (32 Ohm) _ 19.4 dBu (16 Ohm) _ 13.3 dBu (32 Ohm) _ 7.3 dBu (16 Ohm)|
|Noise ratio (SNR):||> 129 dB (A-wt.)|
|Distortions (THD):||0.00063 % (@ 10V/100 Ohm, 1W) _ 0.00071 % (@ 4V/32 Ohm, 0.5W)|
|Crosstalk:||-106 dB (1 kHz) _ -105 dB (15 kHz)|
|Extras:||various protection systems|